Eating for a Long, Healthy & Totally Delicious Life!
Hundreds of years ago, Hippocrates said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Today, researchers say, “unhealthy diets pose a greater risk to health, well-being, and risk of death than any other risk factor in the world.” What we eat profoundly impacts our productivity and energy levels, the strength of our immune system, our ability to maintain a healthy body weight, how fast we age, how long we live, and even how deeply we sleep at night. Food choice determines our risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, cancer, dementia, and more. It affects our mental health, including our ability to think and learn, and whether we feel anxious or depressed. Every single aspect of our well-being, including our overall quality of life, is influenced by what we eat. Choosing wisely, however, isn’t easy. Lifestyles are busy, and our food environment is toxic. Ultra-processed foods, which bombard us at every turn, are nutritionally barren and loaded with sugar, salt, and unhealthy fats. These foods cause disease, increase waistlines, and shorten lives. Ever-changing and contradicting, nutrition headlines, make it equally challenging to make sense of what you should or shouldn’t eat. Getting to the truth really matters.
Bottom line: This informative, engaging, science-based, and inspiring presentation is about choosing nutritious, health-protective, all-star foods and minimizing your intake of dietary villains so that you can live the longest, happiest, and healthiest life possible. It’s about “letting food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food.”
What you’ll learn:
- How profoundly food choice impacts energy levels, immunity, risk of disease, and longevity
- How profoundly food choice impacts mental health, including anxiety and depression
- Which nutrition-packed, disease-fighting foods deserve a place in every eating plan
- How much is too much when it comes to sugar, salt, unhealthy fats, red meat, processed meats, and more
- Guidelines on what you should and shouldn’t be drinking to optimize health, including water, coffee, tea, fruit juice, alcohol, and sugary drinks
- How your gut microbiome impacts all aspects of your health and well-being, along with a list of top foods that promote and harm gut health
- Science-backed, practical advice on controversial topics, like eggs, dairy, gluten, detox diets, sugar substitutes, and more
- The truth about vitamin supplements – a list of which ones to consider and which to avoid
- How highly palatable, ultra-processed foods light up reward pathways in the brain, cause over-consumption, and harm health
- Best food choices when snacking or eating on the run
- Totally delicious recipe ideas, the whole family will love
- Why I always leave room for chocolate!