Whole Wheat Bows with Strawberries, Balsamic and Mint
This gorgeous and unique pasta salad recipe is packed with nutritional superfoods, including 100% whole wheat pasta, berries, spinach and almonds. It tastes as wonderful as it looks and your body will thank you for eating it!!!
Preparation Time: 8 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 box (300 g) Whole Wheat Bows such as Catelli® Healthy Harvest®
1/3 cup (75 mL) balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 tsp (4 mL) each salt and pepper
1/4 cup (50 ml) canola oil
6 cups (1.5 L) lightly packed baby spinach leaves
3 cups (750 mL) halved or quartered strawberries
1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced red onion
1 cup (250 mL) lightly packed, torn fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup (50 mL) toasted sliced almonds
1. Prepare the bows according to package directions; drain well.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the vinegar with the honey, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly, until well combined.
4. Toss the bows with the spinach, strawberries, red onion and dressing until well coated. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
5. Stir in the mint and scatter the goat cheese and almonds over the salad just before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per Serving ( about 1 1/2 cups/375 mL ): 286 calories, 11 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrates, 6 g fibre, 9 g protein. Excellent source of folate and vitamin C. Good source of iron.
Enjoy on its own or serve it as a side dish with grilled fish or chicken.
For more whole grain pasta recipes visit the Catelli Healthy Harvest website at…