Maple Baked Salmon with Almonds
This meal is so delcious you will want to make it again and again. It’s great for the whole family. Salmon is loaded with heart-healthy omega-3 fats. Almonds are loaded with nutrition.
The marinade is perfect for bringing out the flavour of both.
4 skinless salmon fillets (each fillet should be about 3 ounces or 85 grams)
1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced, slivered or chopped almonds
1/4 cup (50 mL) maple syrup
1/4 cup (50 mL) orange juice
2 tablespoons (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons (25 mL) light soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Line an 8-inch (20 x 20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Place the four salmon fillets in pan, leaving 1/2 inch (1 cm) between pieces.
3. Place the almonds evenly on top of the fillets.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce and crushed garlic.
5. Use a spoon to gently baste the marinade over top of each fillet.
6. Bake salmon for about 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is just done. While the fish is baking, baste top with marinade at least once or twice. When removing fish from the pan, leave the leftover marinade behind and discard.
Serve the fish with brown rice and a green salad or vegetables.
Nutritional information: Calories 260, Fat 15 g, Saturated fat 2.4 g, Carb 11 g, Protein 21 g, Fibre 1.1 g, Sodium 187 mg